Somehow, I never imagined that this, of all my blogs, would get an award. In fact I was surprised that it has even been noticed by other than Americans, Chinese and Israelis who seem to get the brunt of my wrath. I also suspect that Obama has it on his drone-list.
Yes, there it is, proof that more than two people read my rhetoric.
North Melbourne Mum is the one responsible for bestowing this honour, another ex-pat.
Now the rules of accepting the Very Inspiring Blogger Award are:
- Display the award logo on your blog. √
- Link back to the person who nominated you. √
- State 7 things about yourself. √
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them. ¤
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven things about me…
1. I am not the village idiot, I have another claim to fame. Locally I am known as the velho caduco (Portuguese for a grouchy old man).
2. I love coffee, I consider it to be the quintessential essence of life.
3. I am a virgin, yes, at 60+ years old with 12 kids. In Portuguese the word for Virgo and virgin is the same, virgem, so I am technically a virgin.
4. I am a cat person. The neighbourhood cats know it and follow me around the praça (park) as though I was the Pied Piper.
5. I loathe politicians. I have yet to meet one that could lie straight in bed. They’re a bunch of supercilious wankers who have nobodies’ interest in their minds other than feathering their own nests. I consider the perfect oxymoron to be “an honest politician.”
6. I failed English at high school, I am, in fact, a high school dropout. I began to understand my language when I was 50+/- and it has since become my hobby and passion. I believe I could now teach my old English teacher a thing or two.
7. I am a beerivore, I love my beer. I don’t drink heavily, but a daily pint doesn’t go astray, I enjoy that time of day called beer o’clock. Which, of course, doesn’t do my gout any good; neither does my love for BBQ.
8. Damn, I never could count. I love life. I believe that life is to be lived and there are so many on this planet that have forgotten how to live. Their lives are full of stress, which is the biggest killer of man. Hunter S. Thompson was right with his famous “Champagne and chocolate…” quote.
Now, continuing the awards… In truth, I don’t nominate blogs for awards. I used to, but I have found more recently that many don’t respond in kind. So I stopped. It’s not that I am being churlish, but I fail to see the point of devoting time, when it is not appreciated; one list of eight of my nominees, not one participated.
So, I invite you to participate, dear reader, take the award and I hope you have more luck with your nominees than I have had.
I could of course, simply nominate my other seven blogs, and write myself a note advising myself that I have been nominated over a wonderful cup of Brazilian coffee. That would solve half the problem.
However, I am going to share the award over my other blogs, because they are all a part of my whole.
I will also visit each of the previously awarded blogs.